Christmas Recipes For Kids
Oats Christmas Trees Recipe
- 3 cups oats.
- 3 cups marshmallows.
- Green food coloring.
- 3tbsp butter.
- Canola spray.
- Mini M&M's (red and green for decoration).
- Add marshmallows and butter in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 40 seconds on high.
- Mix the ingredients well with a spoon.
- Add food coloring.
- Now add oats into the marshmallow mixture and stir well.
- Allow the mixture to cool until it becomes tacky.
- Cover a tray with baking paper and spray canola on your hands.
- Mold the oats mixture into cones.
- Place them on to the tray and refrigerate for 20-minutes so that they become firm.
- Take the tray out of the refrigerator and embellish the cones with M&M's and place a Jaffa on the top of each.
- 3 cups self-rising flour.
- 125g butter.
- 4 eggs.
- 2 cups sugar.
- 1 cup milk.
- 60g butter.
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- 2 cups icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Beat the butter and sugar using a stand mixer or hand-held electric beater until the mixture becomes smooth and fluffy.
- Add one egg at a time and mix well.
- Add vanilla essence to the mixture and keep mixing.
- Stop the mixer and add half the flour and half cup milk in the bowl. Blend the mixture until thoroughly combined.
- Repeat the same procedure with remaining flour and milk.
- Fill 2/3rd of each paper case and bake for 12-15 minutes.
- For icing, mix cream butter and icing sugar until you get a mixture of thick, spreadable consistency. Add water if it is too thick.
- Spread this icing over the cupcakes and decorate with sprinkles or any other fancy toppings.
- 12 ice-cream candy sticks or skewers.
- 1 pudding, warmed.
- 2 cups toasted frayed coconut.
- 1 block white cooking chocolate, melted.
- • Cover a tray with baking paper.
- • Roll pudding into balls and place it on the tray.
- • Place skewers or sticks in each pudding ball.
- • Dip each pudding ball in white chocolate and roll in shredded coconut.
- • Refrigerate it until the chocolate hardens.
- 2tsp bicarbonate soda.
- 1 cup white sugar.
- 3tbsp water.
- ¼ cup golden syrup.
- Grease a tin with butter and set it aside.
- Place the saucepan over medium heat, add golden syrup, sugar and water and heat until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Bring the syrup to boil and simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- Bring the slice tin close to the stove and remove the saucepan from the heat.
- Immediately, mix bicarbonate soda to the syrup. It will fizz triple its size.
- Pour the hot mixture into the slice tin right away and allow it to cool down.
- After the mix cools down, slice it with a sharp knife into bite-sized squares, so that it becomes easy to break into pieces, when it is completely set.
- Store in an airtight container.