Shakkar Pare Recipe
1 cup whole wheat flour
11/2 cup maida (plain flour)
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp Saunf
1/3 cup ghee
Ghee to deep fry
- Mix all the ingredients except sugar. Blend well. Add little amount of water, while mixing the ingredients, and then knead it into a soft dough.
- Divide the dough into equal parts and roll out into thick chappatis, without using any dry flour.
- Cut the rolled out chappatis with a cookie cutter or knife, into small diamond shapes.
- Lift the cut chapattis with spatula and keep them aside on a dry cloth, for about one hour.
- In the meantime, make a sugar syrup by heating the sugar with water over medium flame. Do not caramelize the sugar. Once the syrup becomes thick, remove it from the flame and set it aside.
- Deep fry the cut chapattis in hot ghee, over slow flame, until light golden brown.
- Drain the ghee well and then dip the fried treat into the already prepared sugar syrup.
- After you have prepared the shakkarpare, set them aside to cool and then store them in an air tight container.