- 1/4th cup Long grain Rice (washed and drained)
- 4-5 cups Milk
- 2-3 Cardamom Seeds (crushed)
- 2 tbsp. Almonds (blanched silvered)
- A pinch of Saffron Threads, soaked in a little hot milk
- 1 tbsp Pistachio Nuts (skinned & chopped)
- 1 tbsp Raisins (optional)
- 2-3tbsp Sugar
- Put the rice, milk and cardamom in a pan, bring to boil and simmer gently until the rice is soft and the grains are starting to break up.
- Add almonds, pistachio, saffron and raisins and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the sugar and stir until completely dissolved.
- Remove from heat and serve either warm or chilled.