Kesar Kaju Burfi Recipe
- 500 gm Kaju (cashew nuts)
- 300 gm Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Kesar (saffron)
- 1/4 tsp Orange Color
- 2 Chandi Warak
- Soak the cashew nuts in water for 3 hours.
- Drain the water from cashew nuts and grind them finely.
- In a pan, mix sugar and cashew nuts, and roast on low heat, stirring constantly.
- Add saffron and orange color to the pan and roast them, till the mixture gets cooked properly.
- Remove the pan from flame.
- On the rolling board, place butter paper and pour the mixture on it.
- Now place another butter paper on top, sandwiching the mixture in-between the two papers.
- Flatten the mixture with the help of a rolling pin, moved over the butter paper.
- Remove the butter paper from top and place silver warak on top of the barfi.
- Cut the burfi pieces in diamond shape and serve.