- 1 cup grated dry coconut
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 pinch nutmeg powder
- 1 pinch dry ginger powder
- 4 elaichi
- 2 tsp maida
- 2 tsp poppy seeds
- 2 tbsp mixed dry fruit pieces
- 1 cup maida
- 1 tsp ghee (butter)
- salt (pinch)
- warm milk (for doughing)
In order to prepare Karanji, you will have to first prepare dough and then prepare the stuffing. Once you are done with both of them, you simply need to fill the stuffing and deep fry the Karanji.
Mix 1 cup maida, 1 tbsp ghee, a pinch of salt and warm milk to prepare the dough, try to keep the dough a little hard.
1. Roast dry coconut.
2. Roast maida in ghee.
3. Roast poppy seeds.
4. Mix all the above ingredients and mill them finely.
1. Roll small oval shaped puris from the hard dough.
2. Now place the prepared stuffing in the middle of it.
3. Stick both the corners of the puri by applying some water or milk so that it will seal properly. Remember not to apply too much of water as it will not seal properly.
4. Deep fry it till it becomes brownish color.
5. Serve it hot or cold as you wish.