Google Search

Monday, July 30, 2012

A Memory by Rupert Brooke

(From a sonnet-sequence)


Somewhile before the dawn I rose, and stept 
Softly along the dim way to your room, 
And found you sleeping in the quiet gloom, 
And holiness about you as you slept. 
I knelt there; till your waking fingers crept
About my head, and held it. I had rest 
Unhoped this side of Heaven, beneath your breast. 
I knelt a long time, still; nor even wept. 

It was great wrong you did me; and for gain 
Of that poor moment’s kindliness, and ease,
And sleepy mother-comfort! 
Child, you know 
How easily love leaps out to dreams like these, 
Who has seen them true. And love that’s wakened so 
Takes all too long to lay asleep again.

No comments:

" Motivational Video "

All Posts on this blog are the property of their respective authors. All information has been reproduced here for educational and informational purposes.